Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bravo Company

Let me paint you a picture.

Dark, Cloudless, cool breeze, low tide, damp sand. Put yourself there.
As you sit there bound by your hands and feet to a wooden totem, you hear voices in the background. You cannot turn around to see anyone; all you see is the black that is the ocean.

Morning dawns and the sun blinds your eyes. Then the water begins to rise; higher and higher.
you gasp for air but the waves are constantly splashing over your face. Then in the blink of an eye, as fast as it began the ropes are cut and you rise to the surface.

Washed up on the beach you see fellow soldiers bearing the same words written on your heart. You've just been saved because you were not alone in your fight. Because as ONE unit the message we bear will be brought to the world one person at a time.

Constantly being put through each semester; 8th one on the go. I seem to forget I am here for a reason. I am to share the message while here and proclaim the name of Jesus. Ive been so busy trying to breath in between the waves that I forget I am not the only one here; I can rely on my fellow soldiers. I have to rely on my fellow soldiers.

Lt. Kevin Dilts

No comments:

Post a Comment